Our final stop on our Europe adventure is the amazing Rome. Italy :) Just talking about it is making me smile. I still can't believe that we went! So we first went to see the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. So cool! Even though it was 106 degrees and humid bleeeeh. Thank goodness our hotel had air conditioning! I would like to give a hug to whoever invented a/c. That evening we went to see the Piazza di Spagna or the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. LOVED them both. The Trevi Fountain was one of the sights I was most excited to see and it definitely did not disappoint. Seriously breathtaking :) The next day we went to the Vatican and it was pretty unbelievable. We got to see the Sistine Chapel and I may have snuck a few pics. The guards inside were yelling NO CAMERA, NO VIDEO and everyone continued to take pictures ha ha. That night we got to go on a bus tour called "Rome at Night" and we went to the Colosseum again, the Vatican, the Military museum and a few other stops. I was so glad we got to see everything again at night because it was slightly cooler outside. After our tour we went to find some amazing Italian food and holy heck did we find it! This little adorable restuarant we found stayed open for us and was run by the sweetest woman and her mother. Everything was made from scratch and it was amazing. Italian food won't ever be the same here in America ha ha.
On our last day, Chels and I finished the sights on our list of what we wanted to see and took our time enjoying everything and taking it all in. So before we came to Europe, everyone would tell me to be careful in Rome with the men because they are very friendly. Chels and I went to eat at this place by the Pantheon and out waiter was really nice. He talked to us for a little bit and tried to bring us free wine and kept looking at me from the kitchen. Well we finished eating and went downstairs to use the bathroom. It was very small and the sink area did not have a door, just open to where the stairs are. As I'm washing my hands our waiter comes up behind me and tells me that I'm beautiful and that he wants to see me again. I started laughing partly because I thought he was joking and partly because I was slightly scared. He takes my hand and kisses it asking me my name and then inches closer to me. I backed up into the sink and he leans in and kisses my cheek at the last second. Keep in mind that no one was down there and he was a slightly husky and tall. So yeah funny, awkward and random story for you ha. On our last night in Rome, our group had a farewell dinner at a restaurant at the highest point in Rome. It was beautiful!! Rome was amazing and I still can't believe we got to go.
the colloseum
Roman Forum
Piazza di Spagna
The Trevi Fountain!!!
The Vatican
no photo, no video!! (they would shout this about every 30 seconds)
The Swiss Guard
Rome at Night..our group took a bus tour at night

the military museum
Vatican at night
This was the cutest little restaurant that we ate at









5 comments:
Im pretty sure my heart stopped beating while reading this post. I am living my dream through you thank you :)
so friekin cool!!!! so jelous! i will go someday!!
Beautiful Pictures! Beautiful Girls! Beautiful Food! I'm so glad u two got to do this together:).
This is like your dream come true! I'm so glad you were able to go! These pictures are amazing! Wow what a fun time!
these pictures make me drool. i am so happy that you got to do this. you are livin' it up girl. it was so good to see you the other night. you are beautiful!
Post a Comment